Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Tale of Two Cities - Day 36 / E10

Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a great weekend and were able to get out and enjoy the nicer weather!

The plan for today is to do step one of the project. I shared the handout with you last week and we talked through some of the basics of the project.

For those of you ready to move on to step two, of course you are welcome to do that. However, be sure to follow the directions for step two and create a question about your topic. This needs to be an interpretation of your topic - something that cannot be answered directly by the book. If you look at the examples (in the handout) you can see what I'm talking about. For the Othello example, you would not just find three examples of jealousy. That would make for an incomplete project. Instead, you can see that I created a question about it that I will answer with the project: How does a person’s jealousy inspire their actions?

Again, I will talk more about this tomorrow but I wanted to give a sense of that before people went too far with their work.

Also, tomorrow (Wednesday) I will have an optional zoom call at the start of class. There are two topics for this call. First of all, I will be happy to answer any questions about the project. Second, more importantly, I'm sure the cancellation of the end of the school year brought out mixed feelings. Lots of disappointment and loss and sadness and uncertainty, just to name a few. All year, we have been a close community and I want to be available to you to talk about these topics as well. I'll send the link tomorrow night.

Good luck with the start of the project!